Beauty House Designer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beauty House Designer forum,talk about how to make your house more beautiful and share tips

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 10 super cute ways to wear leggings
How To Soundproof a Room I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 2:28 pm by Administrator

» 10 summer dresses as the celebration is longing discern you amongst the heat
How To Soundproof a Room I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 2:28 pm by Administrator

» 10 stylish tankinis namely ambition acquaint your summer wonder

» 10 mid length bridesmaid dresses below 100 dollar
How To Soundproof a Room I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 2:27 pm by Administrator

» 10 maxi dresses below $100
How To Soundproof a Room I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 2:26 pm by Administrator

» acquaint a splash this summer with these girly geek swimsuits
How To Soundproof a Room I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 2:26 pm by Administrator

» nine lightweight slip dresses for summer

» eight ways apt increase color apt your summer wardrobe
How To Soundproof a Room I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 2:25 pm by Administrator

» eight summer dresses you should own this season
How To Soundproof a Room I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 2:25 pm by Administrator

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Beauty House Designer on your social bookmarking website
Most Viewed Topics
2013 female babydoll & chemise,bra & bikini sets special offers in sexytrains.com
How To Wallpaper with Sheet Music
How To Use Pleater Tape to Make Draperies
How To Select Accessories for your Victorian Style Home
How To Decorate a Large Wall with Picture Frames
How To Select Accessories for Your Minimalist Style Home
How To Stencil Furniture
How To Tile Your Whole Bathroom
How to Decorate a Living Room End Table
How To Stencil Concrete

How To Soundproof a Room

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Administrator
Admin

How To Soundproof a Room Empty
PostSubject: How To Soundproof a Room   How To Soundproof a Room I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 10:45 am

Soundproofing a room has become quite essential in this age of high end, high fidelity speakers. There are times when you just need to zone out listening to your favorite musicians without fear of offending the neighbors and the people you share the house with.

Making a room soundproof is quite common, so much so that even the smallest hole in the wall recording studio or practice studio can do it at minimal cost. It’s so easy that you don’t even have to tear up a room too much to soundproof it as long as you have the right materials.Laughing Laughing 

Below are some tips on how to soundproof a room.

1. Check zoning ordinances. The first step is to make sure you’re legally covered before you soundproof a room. Make sure your soundproofed room doesn’t violate local or city ordinances because you could end up in a lot of hot water for having a recording studio in a residential area if it isn’t covered by zoning ordinances.
2. Check the blueprints. You need to know where the electrical and the plumbing (if applicable) is in the room you’re considering for soundproofing. Check the structural integrity of the room, and check where sound could echo off. Referring to the blueprint will allow you the opportunity to map out how you will set up your amps, speakers, appliances or instruments and then how to soundproof accordingly to how they’re set up in the room.
3. Common everyday soundproofing items. Below is a list of household and hardware store products that are used because of their noise reducing qualities.
3.1 Heavy drapes or blankets. Probably the most common among the household items that can be used for soundproofing but also the least effective. Drape them over windows to prevent sound leaving through those windows.
3.2 Acoustical foam. Bought online and from sound design suppliers. This product is a specialized type of foam that is usually nailed or glued to walls. The disadvantage of acoustical foam is that it is expensive and can absorb odors.
3.3 Thick carpeting. Usually bought as 24” squares and laid down individually on the floor. Rubber blacked business type carpets and shag rugs are also a good alternative as they have rough surfaces that can absorb sound waves.silent silent 
3.4 Egg crate mattress pads. The shape alone of the egg crates will be enough to pad against sound. Add in the softness of the mattress material and you’ve got double the soundproofing in one product. These can be found in mattress stores or in bed making warehouses.
3.5 Insulation. Layered one atop another in the ceiling, insulation makes for great soundproofing. But this is only if you want to soundproof from above, usually if you’re set up in the basement.
3.6 Fabric furniture pads. Usually to keep furniture from being scratched during moving, you can contact moving companies or furniture stores nearby and ask if you can buy up some stock from them.

Soundproofing your room is quite easy and you can finish it up in under a day. Less if you’ve got people willing to help you.
Other people are reading here.
Back to top Go down
https://designer.iftopic.com

How To Soundproof a Room
Page 1 of 1