Beauty House Designer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beauty House Designer forum,talk about how to make your house more beautiful and share tips

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 10 super cute ways to wear leggings
How To Reupholster an Arm Chair I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 2:28 pm by Administrator

» 10 summer dresses as the celebration is longing discern you amongst the heat
How To Reupholster an Arm Chair I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 2:28 pm by Administrator

» 10 stylish tankinis namely ambition acquaint your summer wonder

» 10 mid length bridesmaid dresses below 100 dollar
How To Reupholster an Arm Chair I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 2:27 pm by Administrator

» 10 maxi dresses below $100
How To Reupholster an Arm Chair I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 2:26 pm by Administrator

» acquaint a splash this summer with these girly geek swimsuits
How To Reupholster an Arm Chair I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 2:26 pm by Administrator

» nine lightweight slip dresses for summer

» eight ways apt increase color apt your summer wardrobe
How To Reupholster an Arm Chair I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 2:25 pm by Administrator

» eight summer dresses you should own this season
How To Reupholster an Arm Chair I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 2:25 pm by Administrator

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Beauty House Designer on your social bookmarking website
Most Viewed Topics
2013 female babydoll & chemise,bra & bikini sets special offers in sexytrains.com
How To Wallpaper with Sheet Music
How To Use Pleater Tape to Make Draperies
How To Select Accessories for your Victorian Style Home
How To Decorate a Large Wall with Picture Frames
How To Select Accessories for Your Minimalist Style Home
How To Stencil Furniture
How To Tile Your Whole Bathroom
How to Decorate a Living Room End Table
How To Stencil Concrete

How To Reupholster an Arm Chair

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Administrator
Admin

How To Reupholster an Arm Chair Empty
PostSubject: How To Reupholster an Arm Chair   How To Reupholster an Arm Chair I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 3:43 pm

If you are satisfied with the condition and comfort of an arm chair but do not like its design, why not think about keeping the chair and just changing the look. Instead of spending too much on replacing your arm chair, you can simply reupholster it to give it a fresh look. All you need to have are the right materials to kick off with a great hands-on task. With a reupholstered arm chair, comfort and the latest design will surely be in perfect harmony.
1. Prepare the things you will need. Here are the basic materials that you will need along the way: new batting, glue gun, new fabric, staple gun, staple remover, and welting. Prepare them ahead of time to make the task quicker and easier to handle.
2. Prepare the new fabric. Do not settle on preparing a regular fabric for this project because it is likely to wear out easily. Instead of having a regular fabric, go for an upholstery fabric that you can purchase at specialty shops. Whenever choosing for a fabric, be sure that you get something that is to your taste and fits into the design scheme of the room where the arm chair will be placed.
3. Take the old fabric out of the chair. Carefully take the old fabric from the arm chair without damaging the pieces. In order to have a pattern or template on how you will work with the new fabric, keep the old fabric pieces as carefully as you can.
4. Get the measurement of the fabric. Instead of straightforwardly getting the measurement of the furniture, have the old fabric pieces as your model. Write down the measurements because you will need them later on.
5. Remove the glue and staples. There may still be a remaining amount of glue on the frame of the arm chair. This has to be removed to do a thorough job of reupholstering. Use the staple remover for removing the staples that are still present.
6. Trim the new fabric. It is ideal to trim the new fabric underneath the old fabric. Doing this will prevent the occurrence of wrong or short trimming. Just set the old fabric on top of the new fabric and base the trimming with the measurement of the old fabric. Provide a few inches of allowance for the binding.
7. Replace the old batting of the arm chair. The old batting contributes to the discomfort you may be experiencing with the old arm chair. Take it off and replace it with new materials. Carefully staple the new batting into place.
8. Drape the fabric over the seat. Properly align the new fabric and pull it through the bottom of the seat without stretching it. Once you have properly draped it, use the staple gun to secure it into place. Do the same to the arms if they require fabric.

To give as extra highlight to the reupholstered arm chair, you can opt to add welting or a covered cord (piping) in a contrasting color. See how it looks then just glue it into place once satisfied with the positioning. Other people are reading here.
Back to top Go down
https://designer.iftopic.com

How To Reupholster an Arm Chair
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beauty House Designer :: General :: Furniture and Furnishing-
Jump to: